Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26

I hope that you are enjoying the winter weather as much as we are! I don't mind how cold it is especially when it is snowing real good like it is right now. I am loving it!

So yesterday was Stake Conference. I don't remember if I told you all, but Elder D. Todd Christofferson came. His purpose in coming was to release President Kirk. I must admit, it was really sad for me, but also really good for his family. I am happy for him! I love that family so much. We had a lot of people come out for stake conference. D even helped everyone get parked and such with the other brethren from the ward. G loved it, and shook Elder Christofferson's hand. We had a whole slew of less-active members come out for it, who all loved it too. So many miracles came from that event, and we hope to be able to keep those who came coming to church in the future.

I know that this is the true church. I have been working recently to strengthen my testimony in Joseph Smith, as a prophet. As I have done so, my mind continually goes back to how I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and the first time I prayed to know it for myself. I know that Joseph Smith was called as the Prophet of the Restoration. I know it because the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that "no wicked man could write such a book as this. And no good man would write it unless it were true, and he were commanded by God to do so."

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment