Saturday, October 4, 2014

August 24

Hi Mom!

This week was really good. We had our Zone Conference, and I learned
a lot about how the church organization works, and our roles in it.
President Vellinga talked about the growth in St. Marys in front of
everyone as he talked about it, and had me talk a bit on it. After
all of that he had me publicly announce how many people were there my first week, and decided it would be a good idea right then and there
to tell me that there was 81 people there last Sunday, and that
everyone I have been working with is still on date for baptism (this Saturday and those on Sept 20th). I definitely teared up
at all of that. I never knew how much you could love a whole
collection of people until I came on my mission.

The City of North Royalton is doing good! Sister Kunz and I have been
working hard this week! I really love this place. The hills are kind
of fun and it has been a new adventure living around a highly
populated city. I love talking with everyone as we go! We are doing
our best to find as we go in every situation. We had a really awesome
experience this last week. We went to Firestone to get our tires
changed, which took a little while. While we were there waiting, they
had us sit in chairs in front of a tv, so we pulled out our reading
material that we took in with us. There was a couple sitting next to
us that decided to comment on it. That conversation involved into a
mini lesson on the plan of salvation, and the blessings of having
restored truths! It was an incredible teaching opportunity, and they
were a captive audience. Unfortunately they aren't in our area, but we
were given permission to go and teach them to explain that elders
would be coming soon. The spirit was so strong there.

I love being a missionary so much! Sister Frampton went home this
last week mid-transfer for school. It has really put into perspective
how short your time really is as a missionary. I know that the
restored gospel of Jesus Christ can help anyone no matter where they
are at in their lives. I know that when we learn to rely on the
atonement, we can change to become something far greater than what we
are now.

I love you all!

Love,


Sister Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment