Saturday, October 4, 2014

August 17

Hi Mom,

This week has been a good one! I feel like I am writing less and
less, so sorry about that. We have been working hard to find more
service opportunities to do to get our faces out in the community
more. Hopefully we have some more prospects for that this week.

We had a grand finale for the week. There is a less-active, Brother
N, who's wife ratted him out when they were tracted into a
year or so ago, but has no records in the ward yet. We talked with
his wife (who is Catholic) last week, and talked about family history
with her. The topic of an old painting that his grandma had done when
she converted to the church came up, and how he had rescued the
painting from a flood. I know that the spirit of Elijah touched her
heart. Last week, she told us that her husband would avoid the
missionaries at all cost, and the church, but that she wished he would
reconnect with the church because of the good it did for his mother.
Well to make a long story short, she told him about our lesson, and
our interest in his mother and grandmother's painting, and he couldn't
wait to tell us the story. So he set up an appointment for the first
time in decades with the missionaries. Just yesterday, he brought out
the painting and told us the story of how it came to be, and how it
has traveled all of the country. He and she both have agreed to take
the missionary lessons starting this week! I know that the spirit of
Elijah is real. I also know that the veil is thin, and that there are
family members of mine and those I am working with who are helping
this great work move along. I love my mission!

I love you all! Thank you so much for all you do for me each week!
Love,


Sister Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment