Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 22

Dear Mom,
 
Sister O'Banion and I found out that I will be leaving on Saturday.  I received a very last minute call to train (usually we get them a little over a week in advance) during my quarterly interview with President Vellinga.  I am very excited, and a bit anxious about the call.  Since I will be leaving to a brand new area, and training, that means that I will be shotgunning, or opening an area for sisters.  So it will be a lot of firsts this time around.  President hasn't told me much, but he did say I would have to work harder there than I have here.  That is really saying something!
 
I am so sad to be leaving.  It was very hard to have that news right before Tera's baptism.  Leaving here feels a lot like it did that day I walked into the MTC.  I feel like I am leaving home.  Last night, the F's had us for my last supper with them.  Brother F was able to give me a blessing before I left, and it brought a lot of peace and comfort.  There are a lot of changes ahead.  I wish that everyone could experience the miracles and amazing changes that I have seen here in St. Marys.  This is a unique and very special place that will always be sacred in my heart.  I am so excited for Alyssa to go out and serve and experience for herself what it feels like to love everyone around you so fully. 
 
Wow, that is all really sappy, and makes me really sad!  Change of subject, eh?
 
So Last week we went on splits with members in the relief society.  It was an awesome experience.  Between the two of us we were able to cover 9 lessons and helped those women become very excited for the missionary work.  It has been really hard to help the relief society as most of them are busy watching their children, and tending to their family.  Often times they can never come out with us.  Now that they are able to see the miracles first hand, their enthusiasm is overwhelming.  I know that if we are committed to doing the Lord's work, and actually try to put forth the effort, He will help us. 
 
Great news this week, Sister M has accepted to be baptized on August 30!  Their family is doing great!  Brother M is going to prepare himself to baptize her, and they will be able to go to the temple one year from that day.  That is the goal for them all, the temple! 
 
I love my mission so much, and am so grateful for all of the miracles that I have seen here.  I look forward to updating you on my new trainee, and area.  I love you all!
 
Love,
 
Sister Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment