Tuesday, March 18, 2014

march 18

Hi Mom!

So, obviously transfers were this week as I am writing you on Tuesday.  Sorry I forgot to give you a heads up this time around.  The good news is we are both staying!  Sister Chapman and I are having so much success here in St. Marys.  President Vellinga specifically mentioned the work we are doing here in St. Marys during the Toledo Stake Conference, and talked about our miracles.  I love it here!  I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to love it as much as I loved the Youngstown/Alliance area, but it is evident that Sister Chapman and I were both needed here. 

We had a great week this!  Jim has been struggling for a few weeks with the idea of being perfect before baptism.  He comes to church and says he feels unworthy seeing the kinds of lives the members lead, and the courage of our youth.  He keeps wanting to push back his baptism.  He was thinking sometime in the summer or longer.  It has taken a great deal of powerful lessons building up to what happened yesterday.  Yesterday, we had a lesson with him in his home, and talked about the power of repentance, what it truly means, and how it is possible for all men everywhere to be forgiven.  We then each had a powerful testimony moment with him and discussed the blessings that come from Christ's church. The spirit was so strong.  I felt strongly to ask him the first baptismal interview questions.  He took a minute and then with the spirit bore a strong and simple testimony that he knows this church is the only true church on the earth.  We then invited him to show his faith and recommit to March 28th.  He paused, smiled, and then with tears he told us "Yes!"  It was a powerful experience.  He is so sweet, and such a powerful influence to me.  I am grateful that I was born into the church.  I am so grateful that I didn't have to wait so long to find the truth. 

We have a new investigator named Jenee.  She is a young mom, and has a strong faith in Christ.  She had investigated with the elders in the past, but didn't feel a strong connection.  We were able to sit down and talk about some of her concerns with the church, and the story of Joseph Smith.  She then proceeded to tell us how much she really respected the church, and did truly want to know if it was true.  Another strong spiritual experience.  We invited her to retake the lessons, and she accepted with high hopes of receiving an answer this time.  I love that the spirit gives people a desire to change, and the gospel of Christ shows them the path to take to accomplish all they hope to. 

I love being out here in Ohio.  This place is not only beautiful, but it was chosen by our Father in Heaven to grow again.  This gospel is growing quickly.  There is no better time than now to share the gospel.  I am so grateful for my mission. 

I love you all and pray for you constantly.  Have a great week!

Love,


S Bakker, Jim, S Chapman

Jim and the Jenson's
Sister Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment