Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Feb 18

Walking out on frozen Great Lake St Marys to see the light house

S Champan and Dani at the F's home


Mom,

So we have had an amazing week!  Sister Chapman and I were able to go on exchanges on Thursday.  Guess who my Sister Training Leader is.... Sister Frampton!  She and I were companions again for 24 hours, and boy was it glorious!  We were in Bowling Green, OH-- closer to the Detroit mission boarder-- on bikes (I was NOT happy about the skirt/bike combo).  It was so cool that we had changed so much, but were able to teach with the same power that we had in Alliance.  It was really great to see her, and learn from her again.  It was just as great to get back to St. Marys, though.  I have clicked in with this area really fast, and Sister Chapman and I are a great team!  We have a new investigator, named Brittney, and have had some really good experiences with other potentials, who all seem very interested.  St. Marys is about to change!  Our investigator, Jim, also has a baptismal date on March 28th!  Keep him in your prayers.  We are so looking forward to that!  If you are ever worried we are being looked after, never fear!  We have Elder and Sister Jenson!  I love having them here, and they truly do take such good care of us.  We had a great time teaching with them at Jims this week.  They are great fellowship for him. Working with Senior Couples is the best!!!!!  I wish we would have had them in Youngstown.

One of the families that I have already fallen in love with is the F’s, they are both AMAZING cooks (they made us minced meet pie, pizza-- their crust is to die for, banana bread, cabbage soup, wings, homemade ice cream with kiefer milk, and they are going to make us some pigeon thing and maybe raccoon stew here soon).  I have to tell you, Ohio doesn't really feel like home does, but the F’s remind me of what it is like to be sitting back in our kitchen at the counter again.  I love being there.  Brother and Sister F already have a very special place in my heart. 

We are surviving the cold and everything else out here.  We were locked in for a bit today, but I think we have been given the clear again.  I love you all and am so grateful for all you do!  Words cannot explain how much I love my mission.  I have learned so much, and I will be such a different member when I return home.   I wish I had more time to tell you all of the miracles this week, but know that the Lord is helping me every step of the way.  I know when we rely on him, and ask for help, all He wants to do is help us succeed.  That has been this whole week for me!  Rely on the Lord in all you do, being willing and humble enough to ask for help, no matter what it may be, and he will grant it unto you. 

Love you,

Sister Bakker













No comments:

Post a Comment