Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Feb 4

  Mom,

Katy, Dani, Sara, Judy
So the sad news is that I am being transferred.  I was really hoping to stay just one more transfer here.  So many great and amazing things are happening, and no part of me wants to leave the people I have come to love.  I have complete confidence that I am supposed to be somewhere else, but it does not change how I feel about the Alliance ward.  I have seen miracle after miracle here, and they just haven't stopped! 

Goodby's to good friends
This last week we stopped by a lady named Esther.  A while ago, her friend in 
the Lisbon ward gave her a Book of Mormon through us, and she didn't seem too keen on us returning.  We did anyway, and had an awesome lesson.  She told us that she wanted her friend to come back, and for her to start learning from us!  She is really solid!  Sister Olson has so many people to start and keep on working with this next transfer with who ever will be coming. 
Sacrament was pretty tough, but amazing all the same.  Pretty much everyone assumed I would be leaving since I have been here so long.  So everyone was saying their goodbyes and giving me lots of hugs, and a few tears were shed.  I really didn't think that it would be so hard to say goodbye to everyone.  The nice thing about transfers is that right before you know who is going, you can be extra bold with your testimony, invitations, and lessons.   So this last week we have been having some pretty powerhouse lessons with Judy, Katie and Sara, members, Jon and Julie, and all new investigators.  
Neil, "I dare you to jump into our frozen pool"
I wish I had more time to tell you all that was going on, but I have to take a lot of time to pack this week, and make a couple more visits.  I love being a missionary here in the Ohio.  I will let you all know where I am going next week as soon as I can.  I love you!
Mission Prep class
Love,
Sister Bakker

Splits with S Ence







No comments:

Post a Comment