Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nov 12


Hi mom!

This week has been absolutely incredible!  Last week we had Zone Confence with President Vellinga.  We learned a lot more about how to be better teachers, and be more simple and clear.  It has really helped in every aspect of our work here in North Alliance.  We have seen miracles all week long!!  For starters, we met with our investigator Jon, who lives with the C’s.  We had a great lesson with him!  He told us that he knew the Book of Mormon was true, and wants to push up his baptism date to January!  I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers, and is leading us to those who are prepared.  Jon is loving the lessons, and eating up the Book of Mormon!  The whole family came to church on Sunday as well.  Jon's fiance, Julie, came for the first time in 24 years!  They weren't the only ones who came to church also!  We have been working so hard with families in the ward, like the U’s.  Tom and Sandy U haven't been to church service in a long time, and seemed excited to be there.  I really love Sandy, she cooks like you, mom! 
President Kirk and his family fed us this week.  It was a fairly interesting dinner if I do say so myself.  They put on a big surprise dinner for the missionaries every once in a while.  This was the first time they have ever done it with sisters, and it was way funny!  There isn't much more I can say other than their family is fantastic! 
The only hard part about our week was knowing about transfers a week in advance.  We found out early because I had to go to trainers meeting, since I will be training starting tomorrow.  Sister Frampton has been here a full six months, and the ward was very anxious to know if she was going or staying.  Some were praying for her to stay, but everyone ultimately knew the sad truth.  She is leaving tomorrow, and I will be staying and bringing in the new sister here.  The nice thing about transfers is that we have had some of our most powerful lessons with people.  Our investigators and the members all really put their whole heart into the lesson because they can feel it may be their last with her.  I feel very honored to be serving in this ward where the relationship between the members and missionaries is so strong!  The work here has changed so dramatically in the last 6 months, and even three months.  I will be very sad to see Sister Frampton go just like everyone else.  I do know that the Lord knows what needs to happen here though, so the changes will be for the best.  I look forward to it!

I love you all, and am grateful for your support!  Thanks for all you do for me.

Love,

Sister Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment