Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sept 30


Hey!

S Frampton and Dani went to the White House Fruit Farm with a member
Burrr!  Snow!  Ha!  We have been getting frost over night here now.  The weather just can't seem to make up it's mind.  The cool thing about Ohio though is the fog in the morning.  Every morning when we go running, we run through thick fog.  When I say thick, I mean that Sister Frampton and I have to stay within 10 ft of each other to be able to see the other's outline.  It is so thick, you can barely see the trees, which is saying something for out here.  So far I love the fall here!  Everyone is super into fall activities, and the weather varies between just a bit too cold to just a bit too hot, and usually lands somewhere inbetween where it is just perfect.  Makes tracting a lot easier. 
Speaking of tracting, we have been doing a lot of that recently.  The nice thing is that we have been finding while doing it.  It is all about having faith that God will put those who need to be taught in your path.  One of the people we found is named Terri and Bob.  They seem super friendly and nice, and Terri loves the idea of being sealed in the temple!  I love them already!
Cool experience of the week K & J are both less-active members.  I can't remember if I have talked a whole lot about either of them, but they are really awesome!  I love them so much!  We have been working a lot to help them come to church.  Last Sunday was the first time that J had taken the sacrament in probably 30 years!  So cool to be there with them and see that.  K, J's daughter, really has shown a desire to learn and change to be better. 
So last Tuesday we had a lesson on the Restoration with them.  We watched the video, and then talked about how cool it is to be apart of the church.  We felt inspired to ask if they had ever prayed to know if it is true.  K told us that we were an answer to her prayers, and that she knew because we came.  J said that she never had prayed to know if it was true.  So we asked her to kneel with us right then and there and ask.  Let me tell you, the spirit was so strong in that room!  J asked so sincerely to know if it was true, and made promises to Heavenly Father that she would be willing to change.  After she closed, we sat in silence for just a moment.  J then said, "I knew it wouldn't take long for him to answer my prayer.  (pause) I am not afraid anymore."  That is why I am here!  To help people grow closer to the Savior!  I love them so much! 
After such a powerful lesson, we knew that both were ready to continue making commitments.  So on Sunday we had a big lesson on the power of the atonement, and what that means for them.  We tied it into the Word of Wisdom, which they both struggle heavily with.  J & K promised to keep that commandment.  So after we finished our lesson, S. Frampton and I headed over to the sink and started dumping out all of the alcohol in the fridge with K!  It was kind of fun!  I am so proud of both of them, and the strides they are taking to know our Savior better. 
We had another short lesson last night with Sister D.  She is so cute, and is a convert from the Catholic church.  We asked if she would come to one of our other lessons, and she was really excited to get to go.  She said the prayer before we went into our lesson and said: "please help him to know that the church is true... If he doesn't, don't worry, I will tell him it is!"  Her boldness and conviction to the church is such an example for me!  I love seeing the members get excited to help us work.  It makes such a big difference when they come teaching with us because they love the gospel and their testimonies are powerful.  The church is seriously the best thing ever!  I love being a member of the only true church on the Earth! 
I love you all!  Thank you for all of your support!

Love,

Sister Bakker









No comments:

Post a Comment